Bluff Point

Bringing the good news to Bluff Point

We aim to glorify God by living for Jesus and making disciples for Him.

Our church vision is to make Christ the centre of our lives. We want to tell others about Jesus Christ and the Good News of His salvation. Most people are lost and cut off from God.  But we want everyone to know Christ’s love and forgiveness for themselves and join His people, the church.           

Our Minister

Spackmans1-300x169.png

Rev Paul Spackman was born in country NSW and grew up in Sydney.  He has worked as a Civil Engineer, but loves to build lives for eternity.  Paul trained at Moore Theological College in Sydney and for 6 years served on both sides of Australia, in both inner city and suburban contexts. He is married to Melinda and has 3 kids. In 2005 they moved to Geraldton to be part of Cathedral ministry team. 

ASSISTANT MINISTER

Hurleys.jpg

Brendan Hurley feels incredibly blessed. Not only did Jesus forgive all his failures, he also has the best job in the world. Brendan gets to share the good news of Jesus with lots of interesting people. Most of the time he does this at St George’s Bluff Point Anglican Church.

Brendan is also married to Laura, and they have three kids, Ethan Jake and Ollie. When he is not out with them getting a coffee at the beach or the playground, he is out on the golf course. He is always keen to squeeze in a quick nine holes if you want to join him. 

SERVICES

SUNDAY

7.30am:  The sermon offers solid Bible teaching and we share the Lord’s Supper together. Afterwards we meet in the Church Hall for fellowship and morning tea.

9.30am: We are family friendly with children heading out for Sunday School during the service. Each week there is solid Bible teaching, along with a mix of hymns and contemporary music, followed by fellowship and morning tea in the Church Hall.   
CONTACT US

Call: 9923 1206

Send: stgeorgesbluffpoint@gmail.com

Web: www.stgeorgesbluffpoint.com.au/

Visit: 367 Chapman Rd, Bluff Point, Geraldton

 
 
 

History

Bluff Point, at the northern end of Geraldton, was the city’s first suburb and St George’s was built in 1935. Cecily Biddle initiated the building fund and played an integral role in the life of the church through to the 1950s. From 1937 until 2007 Geraldton Mission to Seafarers was formally linked to St George’s.