Bringing the good news to Carnarvon
As a church we are committed to the Bible and so our times of meeting together have teaching the Bible at their centre. We enjoy meeting together to encourage each other. After the service we meet in the Church Hall for fellowship and morning tea.
Carnarvon is situated nearly 500kms north of Geraldton. The earliest ministry in the area was conducted by Rev John Gribble (1885-6) establishing a mission at Yanget pools. This mission house was maintained through to the early Twentieth Century. St George’s was opened in 1907 and is registered by the WA Heritage Council as a fine example of Federation Gothic design. When the Diocese of North West Australia was established in 1910 its first bishop, Gerald Trower, was installed at St George’s.
9:00am: We meet each week at St George’s. As a church we are committed to the Bible and so our times of meeting together have teaching the Bible at their centre. After the service we meet in the Church Hall for fellowship and morning tea.
Rev Brian Fyffe: Minister-in-charge
Brian is married to Annie with adult children, and now grandchildren. They began serving in the diocese in 2001 at Newman. Brian was appointed as Minister-in-charge of the parish of Carnarvon in 2008.
Call: 9941 1571
Visit: 10 Francis Street, Carnarvon